Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Sunday 1 July 2012

LORDS A LEAPING


Ten lords a-leaping from The Twelve Days of Christmas illustrated by Jane Ray

The lords weren't exactly 'a-leaping' last week as reform of the House of Lords got underway. But those who escaped on Wednesday to the All Party Writers Group Summer Drinks Reception and Celebration of 35 years of ALCS, hosted by Lord Dubs on the terrace at the House of Lords seemed to be enjoying themselves in the company of authors who were doing a bit of lobbying over sparkling wine, salmon sandwiches and strawberries and cream. Indeed, for a moment it did look as if there would be some 'a-leaping' again when Scottish Poet Laureate, Ron Butlin, stood up to recite a very fine ballad on 35 years of ALCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment